Are you taking the entire family on vacation? What about doing something fun and exciting, like going on a water adventure? On the Gold Coast, there are numerous family-friendly activities available. Here are just a few of the many things you can do.
Kayaking on the Gold Coast
Kayaking is a popular water sport for people of all ages. It’s also a good activity for your body because it helps you manage your weight, increase upper-body strength, build core strength, improve your heart health, and so on. Kayaking also has a slew of mental benefits. It improves one’s mood and concentration, among other things.
So why not add this activity to your itinerary? Australian Kayaking Adventures offers a safe and enjoyable kayaking adventure. Steven Vah, the owner and tour guide, has led kayaking and snorkelling tours on the Gold Coast for over 15 years. And their tours have received an average rating of 4.9 out of 150 reviews.
The team specialises in designing tours that fit both experienced and inexperienced kayakers. Australian Kayaking Adventures only uses the most recent, stable, and easy-to-use sit-on-top kayaks on the market. Their Half Day Tour takes place on the beautiful Gold Coast’s pristine Broadwater, where locals regularly see dolphins, stingrays, turtles, and hundreds of sub-tropical fish right off the beach.
Below are the three packages offered:
Half-Day Dolphin & Stradbroke Island Tour
This Half Day activity is jam-packed with fun! Your friendly tour guide will teach you and your family how to kayak and snorkel. When you’re ready, you’ll be able to paddle through the beautiful and tranquil Gold Coast waterways, where you’ll be able to see the abundant Gold Coast wildlife like dolphins. Yes, dolphins are spotted 80 per cent of the time. Keep an eye out for turtles and stingrays as well.
You will also be treated to a delectable light continental breakfast on a secluded beach. Then, off the shore of Wavebreak Island, snorkel with hundreds of subtropical fish. Don’t worry; this is ideal for beginners. Non-swimmers are also provided with life jackets.
Then you’ll take a short paddle to South Stradbroke Island, where you’ll bushwalk to one of the world’s best surfing beaches. You can see the Golden and Swamp Faced Wallabies, as well as other wildlife, here.
Surfers Paradise Sunset Kayak Adventure
Do you want to see the best sunset on the Gold Coast? Sunset Kayak Adventure allows you to paddle the beautiful Gold Coast waterways while admiring the sunset skyline of Surfers Paradise.
The tour departs and returns to Surfers Paradise’s Budds Beach. You will learn how to kayak with the assistance of their knowledgeable and friendly tour guide. Then, as you kayak past the homes of the rich and famous, you can relax and unwind. Then kayak to Macintosh Island to take photos with the local peacocks. Then comes the trip’s high point. While on the water, take in the stunning Surfers Paradise skyline.
Kayaking & Stand-Up Paddleboard Hire
You can also rent a kayak or stand up paddleboard to enjoy and explore at your leisure. This adventure is ideal for both novice and experienced kayakers. Life jackets are provided for your protection. In addition, basic kayak safety instructions and the best places to visit are given.
Begin by paddling across the calm waters of the Gold Coast. Keep an eye out for dolphins, stingrays, and turtles. You can also kayak to HOTA for a cup of coffee or to Macintosh Island to see the geese, peacocks, and swans. Take note there are fishing kayaks with rod holders available.
Experience an Animal Adventure at Sea World!
Sea World is the best place to learn more and get a close-up animal experience. Not only is the Gold Coast’s premier marine park filled with theme park rides, precincts, and experiences, but it also has both land and water-based animal adventures.
Land-Based Animal Adventure
- Behind the Scenes at Polar Bear Shores: Polar bears are magnificent creatures. If you book this once-in-a-lifetime experience, you will be able to go behind the scenes and meet Australia’s only polar bears, Hudson, Nelson, and Mishka. A Sea World Education Officer will lead you on an exciting journey to learn about their impressive abilities, care at Sea World, and conservation.
- Marine Rescue Ranger: Meet the rescued dolphins, seals, and turtles of Sea World. Depending on the season, this also includes an extra experience. You can go behind the scenes at Polar Bear Shores with the Winter Program from May to October. The Shark Bay Education Reef Walk is part of the Summer Program, which runs from November to April.
- Penguin Antarctic Adventure: Join Sea World’s Penguin Keepers for a one-of-a-kind personal encounter with the world’s second-largest penguin species, the King penguin, as well as the playful and agile Gentoo penguins.
- Seal Encounter: This unique 20-minute experience allows you to meet some of Sea World’s adorable seals. Even though you will not be entering the water, it will be a very close and personal encounter.
Water-Based Animal Adventure
- Choose your Dolphin Adventure: Meet the Dolphin, Dolphin Aqua Adventure Child, Dolphin Couple Adventure, Dolphin Family Adventure, and Dolphin Deep Water Adventure are some of the dolphins encounters available at Sea World. Whichever option you select, it will be worthwhile.
- Seal Aqua Adventure: This is full water-based interaction with some of Sea World’s gorgeous seals. It allows you to swim with various seal species, learn more about these beautiful animals and witness their exceptional underwater skills.
- Tropical Reef Snorkel: The best way to get up close and personal with an array of unique marine creatures is to snorkel at Sea World’s Tropical Reef lagoon. The water is heated to a very comfortable 22-24 degrees winter. You will be accompanied by an experienced Dive Leader for the duration of your snorkel.
- Shark Bay Discovery: Are you prepared for this adventure? When you enter the acrylic cage in Shark Bay’s Shark Lagoon, you’ll come face to face with some of the ocean’s top predators. After that, you will snorkel through the Reef Lagoon, interacting with various marine life and harmless Black Tip and White Tip reef sharks.
Do you want to go on a water and land adventure during your next vacation? Make your Southport Accommodation reservations as soon as possible. These activities are close to the Harbour Side Resort accommodation Gold Coast.
Book your accommodation now for a relaxing and convenient vacation.